Alert -- notice of general meeting
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012
Shareholders of Alert were referred to the SENS announcement dated 27 March 2012 in which it was announced that the board of directors of Alert ("the board") proposed that a further R120 million be raised by means of a rights offer ("the rights offer"). Notice is hereby given that a general meeting of shareholders ("the general meeting") will be held at Alert's offices, corner of Engelbrecht and Lanham Streets, East Lynne, Pretoria at 14:00 on Monday, 14 May 2012, for the purpose of considering and, if deemed fit, passing, with or without modification, the special resolution required in terms of Section 41(3) of the Companies Act No 71 of 2008 ("the Companies Act") to give the board authority to issue ordinary shares in Alert, in excess of 30% of the issued share capital of Alert, for the purpose of implementing the rights offer, as well as an ancillary ordinary resolution giving general authority to the directors to give effect to the special resolution referred to above. notice of the general meeting was posted to shareholders on Wednesday, 11 April 2012.
The record date for purposes of determining which shareholders are entitled to participate in and vote at the general meeting is Friday, 4 May 2012. Only shareholders who are registered in the register of shareholders of the company on Friday, 4 May 2012 will be entitled to participate in and vote at the general meeting. Accordingly, the last day to trade in order to be eligible to participate in and vote at the general meeting is Wednesday, 25 April 2012.
- Infrastructure development key to Nigeria’s free trade zone growth-Wed, 22 May 2013
- S.Africa's Amplats says to start job cut process-Wed, 22 May 2013
- S.African stocks at record highs, weak rand lifts miners-Wed, 22 May 2013
- S.Africa's rand suffers longest losing streak since 2008-Wed, 22 May 2013
- South Sudan cuts oil output, sees new problems with Sudan-Wed, 22 May 2013
- Ghana hopes to shield economy from African oil curse-Wed, 22 May 2013
- Kenya to decide next week on future of Mombasa refinery-Wed, 22 May 2013
- More credit data sharing seen lowering rates for Kenyan firms-Wed, 22 May 2013